Capital One’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) Design team is looking for an experienced program manager to work alongside designers, researchers, tech leads, product managers, and data analysts on evolving the learning experience for Eno University, a professional development program supporting Capital One’s conversational AI at-scale. The ideal candidate is a gifted leader, storyteller, and connector. S/he is someone who can flex from being strategic to tactical and from being creative to analytical.
To join our team, you will need expert presentation and communication skills and a strong background in applying theoretical knowledge to tactical, on-the-ground learning experiences. You will need to work in a highly collaborative environment, rallying partners in creating a cohesive learning agenda.
In This Role You Will:
- Evolve the vision for Eno University that fosters an inclusive and collaborative environment for learning designers, presenters, facilitators, students, and graduates through effective and targeted programming.
- Manage and contribute to the Eno University logistics: design and develop materials, plan the agenda, coordinate speakers, develop and send communications, and be the primary point of contact for participants.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate and co-create with subject matter experts across tech, product, and design.
- Continually review, create, and implement strategies focused on identifying and supporting curriculum pathing and consistent, evolving engagement. Align with the goals and strategy for Capital One’s conversational AI at-scale.
- Comfortably transition between strategic planning to detailed execution.
- Regularly and systematically use data to improve and refine the Eno University curriculum and experience.
- Understand what is happening in the business and benchmark externally to create a best-in-class learning experience.
- Be an evangelist of Eno University throughout the company, influencing partner teams and establishing methods for giving and receiving feedback.
Here’s What You’ll Need to Be Successful:
- Strong people leadership skills
- Blend of strategic thinking, creativity, and analytic reasoning
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Ability to navigate complex organizational dynamics and influence leaders on program direction and outcomes
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Influence the development and implementation of learning initiatives in support of key business priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to prioritize large-scale efforts and effectively allocate resources
- 5+ years of experience in learning and development
- 5+ years of experience in curriculum design
- 5+ years of experience working in a corporate training or education role
- 3+ years of experience in design strategy, service design, or related design field
- 5+ years demonstrated experience providing coaching and/or feedback to associates
- Experience working with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning or system design
Sound interesting? Let’s chat! Send Audra Koklys Plummer (email@example.com) a message about this post.
Capital One’s AI Design team is looking for an experienced Design Operations professional to keep the team focused, efficient, and creative as they craft the Conversational AI product experience. The ideal candidate is a passionate, collaborative person who can oversee the design process across a diverse range of projects, channels, and teams. We’re looking for someone who can flex from being very strategic to very tactical and from being very creative to pragmatic and analytical.
To join our team, you will need expert communication skills and a strong background in design management for digital product and/or omni-channel service experiences. You have a broad set of skills in program management, but you have a passion and depth in specific areas of practice that set you apart. You have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything’s possible” mindset. You are capable of managing the full design process from framing/reframing problems, to guiding conceptual solutions, and to helping deliver experiences that benefit our customers and our business.
What You’ll Bring + Do
- Guide the design process for complex products and services from concept to delivery
- Partner with Design + Product Directors to coordinate and prioritize initiatives and resources
- Facilitate shaping and managing effective and efficient design teams
- Build great working relationships
- Collaborate with Design Directors on resource planning and allocation
- Oversee the strategic and tactical prioritization of design initiatives and workflows
- Manage changes to scope, design, and delivery schedules within the overall business, design, and development needs and with available resources
- Establish and maintain program status summaries and metrics
- Identify and manage risks and mitigation plans
- Organize and ensure appropriate communication of status, issues, forecasts, etc. to stakeholders
- Project oversight for entire engagement, including partner relationship, team, budget, schedule, key metrics, risk management and mitigation
- Collaborate within design and across teams to deliver projects/programs that exceed expectations
- Monitor and balance overall project health and team satisfaction
- Participate in the design process (stakeholder interviews, research, analysis, and work session facilitation) as necessary
- Maintain project momentum keeping the project and team on track
- Support scoping new engagements
- Determine and implement process improvements
- Knowledge sharing across Capital One
- Performing other related duties as required
Desired Skills + Experience
We are looking for someone who has experience managing projects and programs in our kind of environment or somewhere similar. Strong communication and writing skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor are key in our highly collaborative approach. Our design managers must also be comfortable with ambiguity in the face of design challenges and know how to move toward the right solution as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Business or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience
- Minimum of 5 years in Project Management and PM toolset
- 3-5 years of experience managing designers and teams of designers
- 3-5 years of experience in presenting to peers, management, and stakeholders
- 3-5 years of experience eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of sources at all levels within and outside an organization
- Intermediate to expert level understanding of design, quality processes, and business relationship management
- Proficiency with Excel, Keynote/Powerpoint, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of complex products or solutions
- Technologically savvy
- Master’s degree in Design, Business, or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience
- Experience working in a client services organization
- Expert client/partner management and communication skills
- 5-8 years of experience managing designers and teams of designers
- 5-8 years of experience in presenting to peers, management and stakeholders
- 5-8 years of experience eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of sources at all levels within and outside an organization
- Expert level understanding of design, quality processes, and business relationship management
Reply not only with a resume, but also by answering this question:
“What is it about this job description that made you want to reply?”
And email it to firstname.lastname@example.org