At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As the UX Researcher, you will play a leading role in shaping the product design of our enterprise ML platform. This cloud-based platform will formalize and standardize how we practice machine learning across the company. If you have a technical background, this is a role where it will shine.
Here’s what you’ll be up to:
- Conduct user research at all stages from discovery to validation, using a variety of methods to understand our customers and their relationship to our products
- Understand and apply the right quantitative and qualitative methods given the circumstances
- Translate business problems into human-centered problems
- Leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including designers, strategists, product managers, and tech partners
- Distill findings into clearly articulated and actionable insights that stakeholders can use
- Present research plans and findings with various audiences from designers to
- Guide teams on how best to apply findings using illustrative frameworks
- Create energy and investment in research by sharing early and often
- Help designers and non-designers understand and apply research findings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Researcher for products of technical users
- Master’s degree
- 2+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
- 2+ years of experience with Human Factors
- Experience with design thinking, human centered design, design research, etc.
- At least 1 year experience with one of the following: mentoring junior researchers, managing project teams or managing vendors
If you’re interested in joining us to pioneer how ML/AI is implemented at enterprise scale, please contact Kim Rees to start the conversation.