At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a UX/Product Designer on the ML Platform team, you will work closely with other designers, researchers, developers, system architects, product managers, and business stakeholders to practice human-centered platform design.
In this role, you will be working closely with our Tech partners to strategize, design, and develop an internal platform to enable machine learning at enterprise scale. Your background in human-centered design will make you an advocate for our internal users as you iterate and test your concepts in a highly collaborative team environment.
Here’s what you’ll be up to:
- Collaborate with tech leads, product managers, developers, system architects, and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Meet with and have collaborative conversations with people across the organization who come at experience design from different angles such as Risk, Legal, Data Science, and Business.
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- Use Lean and Agile methodologies
- Confidently communicate and present concepts in a compelling way
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in UX/Product Design
- 5+ years of experience working with large Enterprise teams
- 2+ years of experience using InVision
- 2+ years of experience using Sketch
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working closely with developers and system architects
- 2+ years of experience with Data Visualization
- 1+ year of experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX, or similar framework that focuses on defining user needs early
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
If you’re interested in joining us to pioneer how ML/AI is implemented at enterprise scale, please contact Kim Rees to start the conversation.