At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As the Platform Design Sr Director, you will play a leading role in shaping the product design of our enterprise ML platform and Customer Insights Platform. These cloud-based platforms will formalize and standardize how we practice machine learning and data science across the company. It will enable our practitioners to produce their work quickly at scale and with great impact.
You will play a critical role in the product definition and design of the future of machine learning at enterprise scale. You will drive the ML/CI platform visions and roadmaps through collaboration and expertise. This is a role where your strong technical background will shine — whether you come from technical product management, creating data experiences, or engineering.
Additionally, this is an opportunity to hire your own team to focus on this specific work. If you are passionate about ML/AI, are entrepreneurial, and demand excellence, please join us to pioneer how ML/AI is implemented in the real world at scale.
Let’s talk if most of these sound like you:
- You’re excited about developing your own team and are at ease prioritizing the roles to fill to quickly begin executing
- You’re collaborative by nature and comfortable influencing across organizational and functional boundaries
- You’re comfortable tackling challenges in complex areas preferably in a regulated industry such as healthcare or finance
Your job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Hire a team and get them operational quickly
- Co-create and evangelize the team mission, vision and strategic priorities informed by associate problems, business goals and a deep understanding of the product platform
- Deliver phenomenal product experiences and experiments which evolve with increased understanding of the user problems
- Inspire innovation by translating opportunity into action in ways that galvanize your partners to stretch
- Facilitate quick, key decisions across a wide-variety of stakeholders
- Provide exceptional coaching and mentoring to grow design teams
- Cultivate an inclusive environment that celebrates diverse perspectives and opinions across many dimensions
- 8+ years designing and launching incredible experiences at scale
- 6+ years of leading and building design teams at the enterprise level
- 4+ years designing and deploying tools for technical users (eg. software engineers, data scientists, etc)
- 2+ years experience with agile software development
- Degree in business, design, or technical field
- Experience with Lean Methodology and Human-Centered Design
- Advanced degree in business or technical field
- Experience in machine learning, data science, or software development
If this position just jumped to the top of your list, please reach out to Kim Rees to start the conversation.