At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Service Designer on the ML Platform team, you will play a leading role in shaping the product design of our enterprise ML platform. This cloud-based platform will formalize and standardize how we practice machine learning across the company. If you have a technical background, this is a role where it will shine.
Here’s what you’ll be up to:
- Envision and design a platform that will enable cohesive ML model development across the enterprise
- Perform design research and create communication tools, such as journey maps, service blueprints, prototypes – whatever tool is right for the task at hand
- Translate learnings and insights from research to define and participate in UX design work
- Create flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes and other design artifacts to define and communicate end-to-end user experiences
- Use your presentation skills to communicate and build influence with fellow designers and stakeholders
- Collaborate with additional stakeholder groups to understand priorities and goals and make sure our work has shared results
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or related design fields
- 3+ years of service design or UX design experience
- 1+ years of experience with InVision
- Experience with Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Master’s degree in design
- 5 years of experience designing for omni-channel experiences
- Experience designing for data-heavy experiences and/or complex enterprise systems
If you’re interested in joining us to pioneer how ML/AI is implemented at enterprise scale, please contact Kim Rees to start the conversation.